AECOM Aircraft Mechanic I, AH-64 Electrician in Ft. Campbell, Kentucky
Business Line Government
Position Title Aircraft Mechanic I, AH-64 Electrician
United States of America - Kentucky
AECOM has an exciting opportunity for an experienced
Aircraft Mechanic I, AH-64 Electrician for a position in Ft. Campbell, KY.
Responsible for inspecting and performing organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance on aircraft avionics components, electrical sub-systems, support equipment and related weapons systems relating to the H-64 series aircraft. Assist team members during Reset inspections and solve unusual maintenance problems by analysis on flight controls, pneudraulic, fuel, electrical/electronic systems, etc. Position reports to the Mechanic 3.
1) Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies and components such as electrical, instrumentation, navigation, and associated components.
2) Inspect, diagnose, and repair aircraft systems and subsystems including engines, rotors, drive systems, and flight control systems.
3) Apply comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate problems by interpreting technical documentation such as aircraft Technical Manuals, Maintenance Information and Action Messages, and technical guidance provided through government official representatives.
4) Perform maintenance tasks such as depopulating, cleaning, inspecting, repairing, and reassembling aircraft components and subsystems.
5) Safely prepare aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks and services.
6) Perform scheduled inspections and assist in performing special inspections.
7) Perform maintenance operational checks and diagnose and troubleshoot aircraft systems using special tools and test equipment as required.
8) Recommends revisions to maintenance procedures to improve efficiency and ensure quality workmanship.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
High school graduate or equivalent is desirable.
Five (5) years actual and recent experience on H-64 series helicopter (3) years required.Thorough knowledge of technical publications related aviation maintenance.
Must have knowledge of the scope and limitation of various categories of maintenance and their application to the contract unit.
Must know theory and principles of engine operations; accessories and components; electrical and electronic; pneudraulic; and mechanical principles.
Knowledge of sheet metal, properties of materials, fuels, and oils.
Must be able to read, interpret and use manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring and schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 184061BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.