ALEX Alternative Experts Dispatcher in Fort Campbell, Kentucky
ALEX – Alternative Experts, LLC (ALEX) was founded in 2007, and headquartered in Dumfries, Virginia. ALEX is a woman-owned, award-winning and trusted solutions provider and partner. We provide scientific, technical and professional services, specializing in rapidly staffing and managing mission critical programs for both government and commercial organizations. We are the perfect fit for the future.
*Job Title: *Dispatcher
*Location: *Fort Campbell, KY
ALEX - Alternative Experts is now hiring skilled Dispatchers. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing the soldiers, family members, citizens and visitors of Fort Campbell, Kentucky the most professional, courteous, efficient and effective emergency and non-emergency communications possible; assurances to the greatest degree possible, safety of the all responders, and at all times focus to preserve and protect the lives and property on Fort Campbell, Kentucky and surrounding areas. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and operate multiple channel trunked radio system. Operate commercial intrusion detection and fire alarm monitoring computer systems.
- Document emergency call and responder dispatch information in the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
- Document daily dispatches and movement of vehicles and equipment resources during routine and emergency response events. PST shall also record benchmark events during incidents in the CAD.
- Conduct the daily test of radio systems, emergency dispatch tones and emergency phones in accordance with SOP’s. PST shall record system deficiencies and make applicable notifications in accordance with SOP’s.
- Record fire and intrusion alarm tests manually as required.
- Forward all request for copies of recordings to the COR of the contract.
- Contact Regional Network Enterprise Center (RNEC) if trunked radio system and or primary crash fails in accordance with SOP’s.
- Notify support agencies for assistance as requested by emergency responders.
- Contact Directorate of Public Works (DPW) and Fire Department if fire alarms monitoring malfunction.
- Initiate fire incident reports; provide incident numbers, time, responding units, etc. to the responsible Fire Station after each emergency. Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Management Information System (MIS) such as Emergency Reporting will be used.
- Required to communicate via radio or telephone to surrounding mutual aid Fire Departments and EMS providers as needed and or directed by Incident Commander.
- Determine the nature of the phone call and may transfer caller to the appropriate Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) upon determining the location of the incident.
- Obtains, verifies, and records the location of the emergency, the name of the caller, the nature, severity and current status of the emergency, and obtains and other appropriate information needed to secure a full assessment of the circumstances.
- Operates automatic number identification (ANI), automatic location identification (ALI), telecommunications devices for the deaf (TTY/TDD) or other electronic devices to obtain and verify required data.
- Maintains a reassuring and calming manner with caller in order to obtain required information; persuades callers to stay on the line.
- In response to medical emergencies, provides first-aid or CPR instructions to stabilize the medical condition of persons until the arrival of professional medical assistance.
- In non-medical emergencies, provides precautionary instructions and advice to help assure the personal safety of person and/or to minimize the loss of property, pending the arrival of fire, police, and other assistance.
- Refers non-emergency situations to other appropriate public or private agencies, and may dispatch non-emergency personnel or equipment.
- Assist in the training of new trainees under the supervision of the shift supervisor.
- Adhere to and ensure continued compliance with all SOP’s.
*Required Qualifications: *
- Ability to prepare clear and factually accurate reports
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Meet and maintain eligibility requirements to obtain job site and computer access
- Meet and maintain background eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information
- Ability to successfully complete a medical examination
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Maintain high personal standards cleanliness and professionalism while on duty
- Not be an off-duty government or military person assigned to, on temporary duty to, or on special duty at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
*Required Education: *
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at HumanResources@alexinc.com.
Woman-Owned Small Business
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Affirmative Action Employer
Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply
Location: KY - Fort Campbell
Job Code: 988
# of openings: 12