Army Installation Management Command Custodial Worker Leader, NL-02 in Fort Campbell, Kentucky
The Fort Campbell Child, Youth, and School (CYS) Services recognizes the challenges of our Soldiers and their Families. By offering quality programs for children, youth and students, CYS supports the Army Family Covenant by reducing the conflict between mission readiness and parental responsibility. Programs include daycare programs at your garrison and in your local community, school-age services and online tutoring programs. CYS Services also has teen programs, in-home childcare, youth sports, and more.
Child, Youth, and School (CYS) Services are a wide range of quality programs to help Army Families meet their parental challenges and maintain their mission readiness. Whenever you need it and wherever you are, CYS is prepared to make life better for Army Families.
Positions are located at the following locations:
Child Daycare Centers: Watters CDC #1, Watters CDC #2, Eagles CDC, Gardner Hills CDC, Fitness CDC, Part Day Preschool, Tennessee CDC, Strong Beginnings, Kids on Site School Age Centers: Airborne SAC, Bastogne SAC, Gardner Hills SAC Youth Services: Middle School/Teen Club Youth Sports
Must be able to work during the hours of operation to include nights, weekends, and Holidays.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Fort Campbell, KY and surrounding areas. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This is a Regular Full-Time position with regular hours (40), and eligibility to participate in the NAF Employee Benefits Plans.
Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as working leader of 3 or more employees in accomplishing trades and labor work
- Works along with other workers, setting the pace performing non-supervisory work of the same kind and level as that done by the group led
- Operates industrial equipment to clean rugs, drapes, etc. and performs routine maintenance of equipment.
- Passes on to other workers instructions received from supervisor, and starts work (e.g., by assigning the immediate tasks to be performed by individual members of the group led).
- Checks work in progress and when finished for compliance with supervisor's instructions on work sequence, procedures, methods, and deadlines.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel to other facilities within the installation for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
3566 Custodial Working
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Applicant must be physically fit and capable of lifting and pulling items weighing up to 40 pounds, and occasionally over 50 pounds.
- Appointment subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3.
All Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Must meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Required is prior work experience that provided the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties listed above to include the ability to use and maintain the tools and equipment of the trade, to keep the assigned work area neat and clean, and to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must possess good customer service skills in order to interact with people.
- Ability to Lead other employees. Highly Preferred: Preferred is responsible work experience in the hospitality industry that demonstrated the ability to perform the duties stated above with minimal supervision.
*Applicants that meet the Highly Preferred criteria will be referred to management for consideration first. All others will be referred if management does not make a selection from the Highly Preferred list. *
PLEASE NOTE:** Your resume must reflect the qualifications stated in the announcement and questionnaire to be rated eligible. You must also include the Highly Preferred criteria in your resume, if applicable.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Spouse Preference (SEP): PCS Orders and Marriage Certificate; Involuntary Separated Military Preference (ISMP): TA Card; Current or Former NAF Employee Priority Consideration (CNE/FNE): DA Form 3434
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) .10212165
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 1:00p.m. CST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
DL-NAF-W0U4AA US ARMY GARRISON FT CAMPBELL HQ DO NOT MAIL Fort Campbell, KY US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499446300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/11/2018 to 06/07/2018
Salary: $9.56 to $11.16 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NL 2
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent