LG Electronics USA, Inc. Production Planning Associate in Clarksville, Tennessee
Production Planning Associate
Location Clarksville, Tennessee
Department (Org 2) TN Factory Admin Common- S90001
Job Requisition 21756
LG Electronics N.A. Appliance Factory
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking a Production Planning Associate to join our new and dynamic team in Clarksville, TN as part of the Production Planning/SCM Team!
Production Planning Associate (Collaborative, Planning, Forecasting, Replenishment) coordinates with the Production Planning Assistant Manager to assist with managing key accounts and maintains forecast models incorporating business intelligence gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources.
Area of Responsibility :
• Develop production schedules to meet all finished goods requirements while optimizing capacity usage, unit costs and inventory levels.
• Work with Sales and Operations to plan, develop, manage forecast, and establish production schedules to meet customer demands.
• Develop production schedules in accordance with sales forecast, plant and employee capacity.
• Create and monitor manufacturing schedule daily and throughout the month to ensure on-time delivery of products to customers
• Coordinate planning/scheduling with sales, customer service, production, buyers, shipping and other team members to maintain capacity utilization, unit cost and customer service level goals.
• Create and track orders to achieve required on time delivery goals.
• Monitor the production schedule and anticipate possible changes as needed for when equipment fails and or resources do not arrive as planned.
• Works closely with other departments, i.e. production, purchasing, engineering, quality, customer service to ensure the completion of common goals.
Education Level and/or Relevant Experience:
• Minimum of Bachelors' Degree in Business or related field
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong understanding of production of complex equipment and system integration
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing methods and process improvements that includes but not limited to manufacturing and 6 Sigma Lean manufacturing
• Ability/Experience in using strong skills in analyzing, troubleshooting and evaluating problems
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing; including machine capabilities and efficiencies, etc.
• Some occasional international travel required
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.