LG Electronics USA, Inc. Paint Inspector in Clarksville, Tennessee
Location Clarksville, Tennessee
Department (Org 2) TN Factory Admin Common- S90001
Job Requisition 21560
LG Electronics N.A. Appliance Factory
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking a Paint Inspector to join our new and dynamic team in Clarksville, TN as part of the Manufacturing and Production Team!
This position assists and supports the Production Manager to achieve and maintain high standards of customer satisfaction and delivery. Responsible for focusing on safety, quality and efficiency while minimizing expenses of Paint Operations. This position is also responsible for assisting operations, scheduling, as well as coordination of maintenance, repairs, and quality of Paint.
Area of Responsibility :
Experiences in coloring / blending coloring, Can adjust color difference considering viscosity and humidity
• Operate power wash equipment to wash down product before painting, using required chemical process
• select appropriate powder according to product specifications
• Tend or operate equipment to clean/wipe, sand, remove corrosion, caulk or otherwise prepare items for application of paint powder
• Set up parts on racks / jigs to be powder coated.
• Operate hand-held spray guns to powder coat stationary items or items on racking systems
• Clean and maintain coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment
• Mark, record and report start/end times, powder usage, defects
• Operate, read and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices when working in confined spaces and/or hazardous environments
• Load and unload product and parts, distribute them to the appropriate locations
• Other assigned work as required.
Education Level and/or Relevant Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Paint operations assisting experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong understanding of production of complex equipment and system integration
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing methods and process improvements that includes but not limited to manufacturing and 6 Sigma Lean manufacturing
• Ability/Experience in using strong skills in analyzing, troubleshooting and evaluating problems
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing; including machine capabilities and efficiencies, etc.
• Some occasional international travel required
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.